Friday, June 14, 2013

Review: NEW Revlon Super Lustrous Shine Lipsticks

Hi Again :)
Is it just me or is hard to come up with different intro's to every post!?
Anyway, today I have a review on the new Revlon Super Lustrous Shine Lipsticks.

These retail from $5.99-$8 depending on where you purchase them and are available in 10 different shades.

The claims: "Lightweight color, moisturizing shine. A silky lightweight formula that lets you indulge your decadent side."

My findings:
I purchased 3 shades: Fuchsia Shock, Berry Couture, and Lovers Coral.

Vibrancy: These colors look extremely pigmented in the tube. One of the things I absolutely LOVE about these lipsticks is they are buildable, so they can be applied to look bright and bold, like the appear in the tube, but you can also apply them more sheer. If they are applied lightly they are extremely wearable. I myself am not a huge fan of bold colors that I can't wear all the time but another thing I absolutely LOVE  about these is even when they are applied heavily I still feel comfortable wearing a more bold color. And I don't normally wear more vibrant colors but I still feel like they are workable in an everyday environment. I myself have natural quite pigmented lips, so these colors may appear slightly different on someone who has less pigmented or more pigmented bare lips.

Texture, Consistency, Finish, Feel: These have a really comfortable, slightly slick feeling on the lips. It's not so slick that it travels all over but its more of a slick constancy than creamy feeling of an ordinary lipstick. Very similar to a lip balm.These aren't a bothersome lip product. You can feel it on your lips, but the slight slickness isn't an awkward feeling. As the name imply's, these have a sheen. Not a glossy finish but a true "shine." And that shine is a bit hydrating, not that of a lip balm, but by no means does this product fry out the lips.

Staying Power: These wore on me for maybe 2 hours before it lost the shine and only a slight pigment stayed behind. With the deeper shades, it left more of a tint after the actual product had worn away. As they wear, the tack fades off and the color goes from the middle out. If you reapply you shouldn't have any problems.

Extras: These have no scent, or if they do it's not one I can detect. They also don't have a taste or flavoring either. As far as the packaging, it was a bit disappointing to me as it felt the slightest bit cheap, like hollow plastic. But that doesn't stop me from loving the product inside!

Lovers Coral
Berry Couture
Fuchsia Shock
The first shade, Lovers Coral, is the most sheer of the bunch. It looks beautiful on the lips but if you want that full pigmentation you really have to build it up.

Applied sheer, then built up
 The next shade, Berry Couture, is a deep berry shade with a lot of purple tones.

Applied sheer, then built up
 The last shade, Fuchsia Shock, is a very pink, but still wearable, fuchsia. It does appear quite bold, but on the lips, it was surprisingly not over dramatic. If you are one of those people who are afraid to wear bold shades, maybe give this one a try.



Shades swatched on my lips:

Left to Right: Bare lips, Berry Couture, Lovers Coral, Fuchsia Shock
Now available at your local drugstore.

 Love you guys!
Talk to you soon :)

xoxo,
Glimmer




No comments:

Post a Comment